Welcome to

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Batik All-day Everyday

Welcome to another post here in CHEKBOKS!
I have a very exciting and wonderful content to share with you all.
As Indonesians, batik is an essential to have in our wardrobes.
Whether as casual or formalwear, batik is a definite must-have.

Batik is one of Indonesia's proud piece of art that all of society need to embrace.
However in these modern days, batik is not given as much appreciation it deserves.
 To most people, batik appears as a traditional thing, as to why it is not very appealing to the younger audience.

On a better note, there are numerous pieces of modern batik being developed by Indonesian designers and this brings joy to my heart.
Today I want to share with you how I style some pieces that I currently own.
These does not dictate on how to style particular pieces, but to give examples and/or ideas on how to put together outfits that has both batik and to give off a modern feel.

I hope you enjoy and see you at the end of the post!

-

The first piece is this batik print square cardigan.
Why is this square?
Because the construction of this cardigan and the rectangular shape.


The way I styled this is quite casual.
I wore a black cropped shirt, dark greeen pants, threw in a light gold necklace and black strappy heels to complete the whole outfit.

Cardigan : Caroline Kosasih

-

Second, I have this gorgeous super-high-waisted batik wide pants.
I'm head over heels for these pants and is one of the statement pieces I have in my wardrobe.
The fabric is a uniquely woven batik print and the colors are just stunning.
The cut is higher compared to a usual high-waisted pair of pants.
Nonetheless, it is very comfortable to wear.


 It's definitely a formal type of outfit.
Rock up to a party or an important event and blind everyone with this colorful ensemble.
The key to styling these types of garments with loads of colors is to pick one color and wear a top/bottom in a similar shade.
Also, try to have minimal accessories or maybe a bag with a muted plain color.
Originally, I wanted to pair this with a mustard color top but I couldn't find any.

Pants : Esayuri

-

The third and last piece is this super-wide pants.
The batik print on these ones are somewhere in between traditional and modern.
It is so comfortable and very versatile.

It has a high side-split to compliment the wide hem design.
A creatively-made pair of pants and I totally love it.
I can wear this outfit to any formal event but, it's not too formal so it's still casual.
Effortless!

Ta-dah~
Favorite shot of the whole shoot! (and the only one where my arms aren't as thick... /cries)
I wore a sleeveless top with a side bow design and a gold necklace.

Pants : Ethereal

-

This concludes today's post, I hope you all enjoyed and are inspired!
As always, I appreciate your love and support for this blog so thank you!

I would also like to encourage you to appreciate more of what batik has to offer.
It is ours to keep and with a little twist, all of us can enjoy it more.
It's beautiful, it's versatile, it's Indonesia!

See you on the next one~

-

PHOTOGRAPHER :
William Koosasi

EDITED WITH :
Photoshop ; VSCO Cam

-


p.s. No I didn't change hair for every outfit, it's still just blue lol

No comments:

Post a Comment